Followers

2008-02-28

girlish interest reads

Books I have read in 2008 (mostly teen fiction for reader's advisory)


Girlology by Trish Hutchinson, MD and Melissa Holmes, MD (non-fiction about changing bodies, friends, what you should know, etc.)










Heart on My Sleeve by Ellen Wittlinger (written in text messages about a pre-college summer fling that doesn’t work out. Ok, not great)











Shug by Jenny Han (cute jr. fiction about red popsicles, the color purple, and first kisses)












The Truth about Forever by Sarah Dessen (The summer following her father's death, Macy plans to work at the library and wait for her brainy boyfriend to return from camp, but instead she goes to work at a catering business where she makes new friends and finally faces her grief. Cataloging paragraph courtesy of the Orem Public Library.)









Jacob Have I Loved (Sisters on the Chesapeake Bay. I liked it, but not until the end.)













Book of a thousand days by Shannon Hale. (possibly my favorite by her)













That summer by Sarah Dessen (Haven lets go of myths about her sister's old boyfriend during father’s divorce)












Someone like you by Sarah Dessen (Halley’s first serious relationship while best friend Scarlett is pregnant)












This lullaby: a novel by Sarah Dessen (18-yr old Remy believes in short term relationships until she meets rocker Dexter)












Speak by Laurie Halse Anderson (boring--another attempted rape/coming of age novel)

3 comments:

deadcityrebel said...

remember when we had a book club?

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Celulite, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://eliminando-a-celulite.blogspot.com. A hug.

Anonymous said...

I kind of want to read all those books.