Followers

2009-02-13

i have been stuck lately on what i would call "young creatives," or even once-young creatives, who marry each other.

this is a short list off the top of my head.  i think by the end of this year, i'd like to have something much more comprehensive.  

tony horowitz + geraldine brooks (writers, both pulitzer-prize winners)
scott westerfeld + justine larbalestier (writers)
mark eley + wakako kishimoto (designers)
john lennon + yoko ono (musician + artist, both activists)
jason hammel + kori gardner (musicians, mates of state)
chris martin + gwyneth paltrow (musician + actress)
dean hale + shannon hale (illustrator + author, somehow author sounds better paired with illustrator?)
alfred stieglitz + georgia o'keefe (photographers)
christo + jeanne-claude (installation artists)
kurt vonnegut + jill krementz (writer + photographer/photojournalist)

....

4 comments:

hannah g said...

Is Dean Hale an illustrator?

canne said...

i am pretty sure; although you are making me second guess myself. i think he illustrates children's books and graphic novels, including shannon's newest "rapunzel's revenge." let me know if i have this wrong.

hannah g said...

I am pretty sure (because I am sort of a nerd about Shannon Hale) that Rapunzel's Revenge was co-written between Shannon and Dean Hale and then illustrated by another guy (unrelated) who ALSO has the last name Hale. So if you are wrong, it is totally understandable why you would be. Of course, maybe Dean does other illustrations but I am nearly certain he didn't do Rapunzel's Revenge at least. I want to read it though, because I haven't yet!

canne said...

that actually clears a lot up for me. i havent read rapunzel yet either, but its on my list