Followers

2009-09-09

my first day of graduate school, his first day of art school, our first time to eat at the dunkin donuts a block away, the first time i couldn't decid

e what donut i wanted, the first time we saw the donut shop owner scream at the donut shop worker, ou
r first time half-laughing and being embarrassed for said employee, and the first time we laug
hed about that sketch from the State because we actually knew someone like KARRRRRRL
LLLL.






My first class is
called Modern Publication and Librarianship. So far, excellent. Still, I don't want to take everything at face value.

Money=Freedom she said, and i believed her, but my heart didn't buy it. She only meant to imply that when authors gained some measure of success they had the freedom to try new things, but it looked weird when i wrote the equation down in my notebook. YA Literature used to break taboos without literary merit. Now it produces countless successes without breaking taboos. What does this say about us?


3 comments:

Amanda S. said...

Where are you doing your MLS at? I'm sort of interested in this program, some day. That's so exciting for you!

canne said...

Simmons College in Boston, Mass! I will tell you all about it if you're interested.

Unknown said...

I wonder if you've chosen your book yet, but imagine I will find out when I see you in a few short hours.