Followers

2009-03-13

FOR THE BEAUTY OF THE EARTH

i've been thinking about his post on the writer's blog and the boys lying like brothers in the courtyard of the school. brotherhood and loyalty strike a deep chord in me. maybe i've seen or cried through too many movies. enough to be moved by the sentiment from someone i would love anyway.

i've been flying through novels. i have weeks of this escapist weakness where i argue with myself that these beautiful fictions are changing me and that time wasted is never wasted. so, i reason, appreciation isn't the same productive channel as creating, but i think the more we take in, the more open we are to let things out.

3 comments:

naomi said...

I really like that hymn; For the Beauty of the Earth. And I love brotherhoods.

samsam said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
samsam said...

1.that is my favourite hymn hands down
2. in movies parents crying because of their children ALWAYS gets me...ALWAYS
3. when i was little and upset and sent to my room i would read and it would calm me down....i started to like being sent to my room because i could just escape into a book
4. that is my deleted comment....i made a boo boo
5. i love you